Spooky Shephard's Pie (from Pillsbury website)
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups Progresso® diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained (from 28-oz can)
1 (12-oz.) jar home-style beef gravy
1 3/4 cups water
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup milk
2 1/4 cups instant mashed potatoes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion; cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
2. Set aside 12 peas for garnish. Add remaining frozen vegetables, tomatoes and gravy; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring water, margarine and garlic powder to a boil. Remove from heat; add milk. Stir in potato flakes and cheese. Add egg; blend well.
4. Spoon ground beef mixture into ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) or oval (2 1/2-quart) glass baking dish. With large spoon, make 6 mounds of potato mixture on top of beef mixture to resemble ghosts. Place 2 reserved peas on each mound to resemble eyes.
5. Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are set and mixture is thoroughly heated.
Garlic Shrimp with Black Beans (Clean Eating magazine)
15-oz can black beans, rinsed
12-oz can Rotel
1/4 cup onion
2 TBSP olive oil
1/4 cup diced garlic
1 lb shrimp, raw (remove shells and tails)
1. In a sauce pan on medium-high heat, pour in beans, Rotel and 1/4 cup onion. Heat 2-3 minutes, turn down heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. In a skillet, add oil and garlic and let heat for 1 minute. Add shrimp and 1/2 tsp pepper. Saute for 10 to 15 minutes until shrimp is pink.
Superspeedway Taco Pie (from Pillsbury website)
1 to 1 1/4 lb. lean ground beef (I will probably substitue ground turkey)
1 (1-oz.) pkg. Old El Paso® Taco Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup sliced stuffed green olives or pitted ripe olives (I will probably omit)
1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 1/2 to 2 cups crushed corn chips
1 (8-oz.) container (1 cup) sour cream
6 slices American cheese or 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
Shredded lettuce, if desired
Avocado slices, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Cook ground beef in 10-inch skillet until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and olives. Simmer 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Place triangles in ungreased 9 or 10-inch pie pan, pressing to form crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of the corn chips over bottom of crust.
3. Spoon beef mixture into corn chips in crust. Spread sour cream over beef mixture. Cover with cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 to 1 cup corn chips.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut in wedges. Serve immediately with lettuce and avocado. Store in refrigerator.
Sorry, I don't have a recipe for this one. My husband throws in bbq sauce, mustard, brown sugar, green peppers...not sure what else. But, they are delish!
Out to eat!