Homemade Pizza - Green Pepper, Canadian Bacon and Roma Tomatoes
1 pkg Pampered Chef Pizza Crust and Roll Mix*
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
6oz pkg Canadian Bacon
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
4 slices muenster cheese
1 jar pizza sauce (I use whatever is on sale)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Make crust according to package directions.
3. Spread on pizza sauce.
4. Add 4 slices of muenster cheese.
5. Add sliced green peppers, canadian bacon and roma tomatoes.
6. Top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.
*Note: This mix is very tasty; however, it makes a VERY thick crust. If I were to use this one again, I would cut the dough in half and make 2 smaller pizzas.
French Onion Soup and Chicken Cobb Salad
I received a couple of new cookbooks for Christmas!! French onion soup is one of our favorites, so I am excited to see how this one turns out. It is cold out, so a nice warm soup sounds just right.
French Onion Soup
from The Weeknight Cook, Williams Sonoma
4 TBSP Unsalted Butter
4 TBSP Olive Oil
2 lb Yellow Onions, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp Sugar
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 TBSP Flour
2 qt homemade or purchased Beef Broth or stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
Baguette, 12-16 slices
3 cloves garlic
1/2 lb Gruyere Cheese, shredded
1. In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter with 1 TBSP of the oil.
2. Add the onions and saute until golden, 4-5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt, cook uncovered for 25 minutes or until onions are deeply browned.
5. Add the flour and stir for 2-3 minutes.
6. In another sauce pan, bring the broth and wine to a boil.
7. Slowly stir in the onions and add 1 tsp of pepper.
8. Reduce heat to medium, cover partially, and simmer for about 45 minutes.
9. Preheat the broiler.
10. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining 3 TBSP oil and toast, turning once until golden on each side.
11. Rub bread with the cut sides of the garlic.
12. Place ovenproof soup bowls on a baking sheet. Ladle soup into the bowls. Top each with 2 slices of toast and sprinkle with cheese.
13. Bake until the cheese is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Chicken Cobb Salad
from The Weeknight Cook, Williams Sonoma
6 slices Thick-cut Bacon, chopped
2 TBSP Red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup Olive oil
Mixed Salad Greens
2 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken
1/4 lb Gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
2 Avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
2 Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1. Cook the bacon in frying pan until crisp.
2. Boil the eggs. As soon as water boils, remove the pan from the heat and cover. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
4. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with vinaigrette. Arrange chicken, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, bacon and eggs on top of the greens and serve.
Crock Pot Jerk Pork - from my friend Carrie.
1 lb Boneless Pork Loin Chops
1 cup Caribbean Jerk marinade
2 TBSP Mayonnaise
Pkg of Club Rolls
1/4 cup water
1. Combine pork, marinade and water in crock pot.
2. Cook on low all day.
3. Reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce in crock.
4. Remove and shred pork and mix with 3 TBSP reserved sauce.
5. Combine mayonnaise with 1 TBSP reserved sauce and spread on rolls.
6. Spoon pork onto rolls and serve.
Turkey Taco Salad
1 pkg Salad Greens
1 lb Ground Turkey Breast
1 pkg. La Tierra Taco Seasoning
1 Avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced.
1 pkg Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 pkg Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Brown turkey breast and add taco seasoning.
2. Arrange salad greens on salad plate and top with turkey.
3. Add avocados, tomatoes, broccoli and cheese.
4. Top with salsa and serve.
Speedy Chicken Fajitas
Adapted from Pampered Chef recipe.
BTW, this is my new favorite, easy weeknight dinner! So yummy and so EASY!
2-3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 medium Green Bell Pepper
1 medium Red Bell Pepper
1 medium Yellow Bell Pepper
1/4 cup Honey
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Chalula hot sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pkg Whole Wheat Tortillas
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Thaw chicken and marinate in honey, hot sauce, garlic and paprika for 30 minutes.
2. Slice peppers and onion and place in Deep Covered Baker (from Pampered Chef), place chicken over vegetables.
3. Microwave, covered, on High for 14 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees in thickest part of chicken and juices run clear. Slice Chicken into strips.
4. Cover tortillas with a damp paper towel and heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Spoon chicken and vegetable mixture onto center of tortillas. Serve immediately with cheese, sour cream and squirt of fresh lime juice and salsa.