Monday, January 4, 2010

Veggies, please!

My lunch was so yummy, I had to blog about it!  I used to work with one of my favorite friends, Dawn.  We made the BEST salads for lunch.  We would go out and buy the basics for the week: a bag of salad, some good cheeses, interesting meats, etc.  Then, each day we would both bring a "surprise" item to add to our salad like hard boiled eggs, avocados, etc.  It was so fun and always kept it interesting.

My HyVee had a sale on bagged salad this week and I stocked up!  Dole salad blends were 4 for $5!  Can't beat that, so you better bet we are eating salad this week!

Here is my gorgeous salad.  It was a base of the Dole Romaine salad, broccoli, grape tomatoes, low sodium honey ham, avocado, Gorgonzola cheese, bacon bits and the salad dressing from Tuesday's Cobb Salad.


Oh, and for dessert, my most favorite chocolate of all time, the Ghirardelli milk chocolate squares with caramel.  Yum!

And, check it out...SUN and blue skies!! Finally!


Now, if it would only warm up!

1 comment: