Monday, January 25, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

Monday
Teriyaki Marinated Salmon and Garlic Mashed Potatoes


We learned the most delicious way to make salmon this summer from my brother-in-law and his lady friend.  We marinated the fish in Teriyaki sauce and grilled it on a cedar plank.  The taste of the teriyaki and the cedar is just the perfect combination, so delicious! But, it is too cold for grilling, so we just marinated it and baked it at 375 for 25 minutes.

I can't remember the last time I made mashed potatoes.  My husband is the master at mashed potatoes, so I always let him do it.  But, tonight I made them and they were awesome, if I do say so myself!  I used Yukon gold potatoes, cut them in half and quartered them.

Then, I used the super cool, potato ricer.  I have never used it before, but it was so much fun!  It is almost like popping a zit - I know, I am strange, but really it is!  Bad metaphor to use with food, but it really was fun!

I blended the riced potatoes with warm milk and butter and added sea salt, seasoned salt and garlic powder.  The boys were quite pleased with them.  Yay, me!

Tuesday
Sesame Chicken
from The Weeknight Cook, Williams Sonoma
This was a new recipe for us and we loved this meal.  It was so fresh tasting and it was easy to prepare.  I was surprised that little man liked it too! I am loving this cookbook.

Wednesday
Hearty Beef and Vegetable Soup
from The Weeknight Cook, Williams Sonoma

Thursday
Crock Pot Chicken
from The Adventures of Rory and Jess - Crock Pot Chicken

Friday
Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet
from Pampered Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment