Friday, November 6, 2009

Couch to 5k

My treadmill and I are becoming friends again. I don't know what it is but it feels really good to run right now. And, it doesn't hurt! It is such a mental sport and it always defeats me. But, I am determined to enjoy running some day. Ha!

There is hope for me. I have a friend whose mother-in-law did not start (key word = START) running until she was 80 years old! And, she is still kickin' it at 90 something.

Last year I used the Couch to 5k program from Cool Running to train for a 5k. I successfully finished the program and was quite pleased with my finish.

It is a 2 month running program where you gradually increase the amount of time each week that you run. This eases you into running, so that you don't burn out from trying to do too much too soon.

There is a downloadable podcast on itunes, in which the cues to start and stop running are intertwined with music. I really enjoyed the podcast. The music wasn't too bad. In itunes search for Robert Ullrey and the podcast will pop up.

We usually do a Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, so I am thinking of starting this program again. Want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment