Monday, November 2, 2009

Meal Planning Monday

Healthy Snacks

I am always looking for healthy snack options. That is the one thing that really stresses me out each week when planning my grocery trip. I thought I would share some of my favorites and I would love to hear what some of yours are.

This is a great website for healthy, whole food recipes.

Energy Bites (from Delicious Wisdom)
Basic Ingredients:
1 Cup Peanut Butter or Other Nut Butter
1/2 Cup Honey
1 Cup Oats
1 Cup Oat Bran

Then, you can throw in anything. I normally throw in some chocolate chips and granola cereal. I think next time I am going to try chocolate chips, dried bananas and maybe walnuts.

Form into balls, put on baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen, you can store in a freezer bag. And, when you get that 3 PM sugar craving, eat one of these and you are satisfied!

Dill Hummus (from Delicious Wisdom)
You can get the recipe here.

I love to have this with whole wheat pitas, Ak Mak crackers, cucumbers and carrot sticks.

Baked Sweet Potatoes
I have found the best way to cook these is in my small crock pot. I clean the potato and put it in the crock on high and it is ready in about 3-4 hours. I usually make 2-3 at a time. When they are done you can wrap them in foil and store them in your fridge for a couple of days.

When you are ready for a wholesome snack, just put it in the microwave for a minute, top with a little butter and this . Makes a delicious snack!

Cottage Cheese with Avocados and Tomatoes
Mix together with a little pepper and viola, super-easy, superfood snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment