Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween in Hiawatha


For Halloween this year we headed to Hiawatha, KS for the annual Halloween Frolic. This is the oldest Halloween parade in the nation. There is a children's parade in the afternoon and the Grand Parade is held in the evening. I love the spirit of small town parades! The whole town comes alive.



My spider and his "incredible" friend rode in the parade in the Spooky Spider Mobile. And, much to my excitement, won second place in the wagon division!!! We even won a prize (a $15 gift certificate to Wal-Mart!) Woo-hoo!




We stayed at the Country Cabins of Hiawatha. They are quaint, rustic cabins that overlook a quiet, serene pond. There is a restaurant on the property and I must say that we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of our meal. We dined on prime rib and trout. The food was fantastic and added to an all-around awesome weekend.



I think this may have to be a new Halloween tradition!


No comments:

Post a Comment